LOGbinder SQL Requirements
LOGbinder SQL is a small, efficient Windows service that reads proprietary SQL audit
logs, translates the cryptic native audit records into easy-to-understand messages and writes
them to the Windows event log where any log management/SIEM solution can then collect,
archive, alert and report.
- Install LOGbinder SQL on a server running any edition of SQL Server 2008 or later*
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or later
- Windows Server 2012, 2008 or 2003, 64 or 32 bit
- Disk space: LOGbinder itself is tiny - not even 1MB. But with associated DLLs
the total installation size is about 12MB. Storage for logs and/or reporting
databases is dependent on settings defined by the customer.
- Memory: LOGbinder averages 150mb memory usage.
* Only SQL Server Enterprise and Datacenter editions can produce SQL audit
logs but LOGbinder SQL can use any edition of SQL Server (or later) to read
SQL audit logs produced by other servers.